GEORGIA: Batumi
My first small dream came true. I’ve started my further journeys. First far trip – Batumi & Kutaisi. I don’t regret any minute spending in that country.
We flew from Warsaw airport to Kutaisi around 3 hours by WizzAir airlines. The saddest thing was that we flew around midnight and landed at 6 a.m. (Change the time zone), so we were very tired the next mornign. Right after we arrived we took the bus to Batumi, city near the Black Sea. We spent there whole week and in Kutaisi 1 full day.
BATUMI:
This city is the best one I have ever been to since. It looks so different than the European ones. We need to admit that the effects of war – abandoned buildings, destroyed roofs, russian influence (especially on language) are very visible in this city and not only on the suburbs.
From the first day spending in Batumi I fell for Batumi Boulevard – a long path along the beach with palms, shops and at some distance – uniqe sculptures. I didn’t make a long walk, but I saw a big nike shoes, where you can put your foot and look like YETI. Another was a couple holding a heart in their hands and the last – a person looking like playing the golf, but with no ball but heart. If you love long walks, you can find more of the art on the boulevard.
The „city center” can be divided into 2 parts. The first one is near the sea – mostly modern buildings and a wheel mill and a lighthouse. In the night this 3 constructions are glowing. One of the towers was constructed with a globe at the top. At the bottom there is a bar and in the sky a restaurant and also bar. To the globe you are going by 2 elevators – first taking you to the glassed-in place where you admire the Batumi from above and then second one – to the sky-bar. The prices inside are quite good, while looking at the place where you are. The second center is a long street, with shopping center, bazaars, grocery’s, quite crowded all the time. Going down this street you will find yourself near to the ropeway. If you decide to go, you will see the whole Batumi, buildings, sea and mountains. It will take you one of the peaks, where is a shop with souvenirs, viewpoint.
What I liked the most was a McDonalnd looking so different, than this I have ever seen. I don’t know how to describe this building, but you can see it in the movie below. Even I couldn’t read the menu (because of georgian writing) we ordered a meal typical for them – ciabatta with beef, onion, cheese and barbecue sauce. Plus for them, that they sell mayo to fries, and in Poland no. In addition the culture of this people is something my country should learn from them. If you don’t know russian, it is difficult to communicate with them, but not impossible. I know some words and it was enough. People are really helpful, full of joy and smile is always on their faces.
If you are in Batumi you caanot miss visiting the harbour – unfortunately it is only a trasshipment port, so you can’t go inside but there are places, where you will see it really closely.
Another point of our journey was celebrating 31 Dec / 1 Jan as last days in the city. Spending New Year’s Eve in Batumi was one of the best decision I have ever made. It wasn’t so crowded and the main square was full with happiness emanating from people. There was a stage for singers and around was situated a fair with hot beer, wine, food, sweets. The best part of that was a small amusement park made specially for kids – small rollercoaster, ridings on the donkey. And of course in the central part was a big Christmas tree.
#lostinBatumi
The last story of mine from this city is getting lost in new town. One day I’ve decided to go to the Bakery on my own (it was on the same street, just 5 min away) and my boyfriend wanted a pizza, and me as a good girlfriend after buying a bread and donuts started to search for his pizza. I went to 3 – 4 restaurants and everyone told me that they are not open yet, there is no chef yet or something and tell me where is next pizza that I can buy. And in some some moment I realized that I have never been to this part of the city. I tried to came back to the main road, but most streets started to be blind alleys. The worst part was being at the slums, one long road – no cars, old, dirty buildings and nothing elese. After walking for an hour, I hit the baazar (like from movies, big labirynth with no exit) and when I finally went out I was near the Black Sea Arch and this was the point I remembered from the map. And this is how I found a bus station, one after McDonald (so it wasn’t so far..) The next day, while going to McDonald it turned out that in one moment I was 2 min away from the hotel, but 3 hours of walking was great opportunity to see all the city from other perspective.
KUTAISI:
I can’t tell much about this city. We only went here to be closer to the airport and do not miss our flight. What I liked here? McDonald with McDeals, which weren’t so expensive and reminded mi a smaller McMenu. BIG PLUS. The city itself is not so beautiful, more like big city looking like abandoned and old countryside. The best views were near the city center and river, but to be honest nothing special was here.
FIRST TIME IN ASIA IS ONE OF THE BEST MEMORIES EVER. It was definitely too short (10 days) , but I promise I will come back here.






Komentarze
Prześlij komentarz