TOP 5: FLY CHEAPER - advises & examples
If you:
- Have some free time
- Are interested in travels, discovering new places
- Do not have strict time off work, so you can make holiday any time you catch some occasion or just some days-off (not only weekends)
- Have already tried or want to start some journeys abroad
- Have patience to check the same websites almost everyday
If you answer „YES” for most of questions – this will be something for you. Below, I wrote some of my tips how to find cheap flights to many cities in Europe.
- Do not focus on one place – usually if you choose one place there will be something like a bad luck for you, it means that every other place is cheap and yours – not. Typical. Fortunately, there are many places, where you haven’t still been to, so why choose just one if you can fly to 2 other for the same price?
ex. As I was planning my city break during Christmas time, I really wanted to go to England but always when I was checking the prices, they were so high from every airport I could fly from. One day I was so angry, that I checked all flights from my city and I discovered that many tickets were twice cheaper in a perfect time for me. This is how I booked my first flight to Oslo Torp for a „pittance”.
Whereas, you also need to remember that flight is not the only cost, because budget airlines mostly land on the airports far away from city center (like on my example in Oslo-Torp, which was 1 hour from town and 100km to overcome) and sometimes this prices are important to take into consideration before flying (I paid over 100zł in both ways). - Do not check it everyday – websites will remember that you have been checking this for 3 days in a row for couple times per day, so they will higher the prices, because they know you want to buy this tickets. (but of course it’s not always true, because they can make a discount for 1 tickect)
ex. Couple weeks ago I was planning to go to Italy. I found perfect tickets (from Berlin SXF to Verona for 19,99€, already in 2 ways), but I couldn’t decide for 3 days. I was checking the page 2 – 3 times a day. On the fourth day, when I finally decided to go the price has grown to 29 € (one-way ticket). So if you find some good deal, don’t waste time and just buy, sometimes it is the only opportunity for you.
Funny fact: If you have an apple computer, the prices (I checked it on the Ryanair example) are higher than if you check in the same time on the typical PC (I checked that couple times and prices were a little bit higher) - Do not choose specific date – especially weekend. Usually Friday-Sunday are the most expensive tickets, we know why. But if you start to check + / – 3 days you will find out that sometimes you can fly for 50% less one day earlier that in your specified date. I think it’s worth it.
ex. Usually on the websites of airlines you can choose „from” and „to” plus dates and on the timeline change dates to find other prices. BUT BETTER OPTION IS:
On Ryanair site: it is perfect, when you haven’t choosen any destination. At the bottom of page you choose „FARE FINDER” and some other options: „from” which airport you are flying, „to” which one (but you can also choose „anywhere”), dates (specific, month, whatever date), length of trip and price for tickets. The website will analyze and show you all possible flights for option you have choosen.
On WizzAir site: it is more complicated because at the bottom of the page you choose „TIMETABLE” and you need to choose „from” and „to” where you are flying, however then it opens a calendar with all prices for specific month and lower, the same table for the flight back. (You can change months)
On Esky fare finder: you choose „from” and „to, then pick the date. After there appears the price for your specified period, BUT on the menu table where you can modify your choice, there is a possibility to select „+ / – 3 days” or „The cheapest flights” where will appear a calendar with dates where your flight has the cheapest price. - Check other airports, close to you. Sometimes it’s cheaper to go by bus/train to other city and fly, rather than buying ticket from your town. Also do not think that you need to buy a ticket in 2 ways from 1 airport.
ex. For one of my holiday trip, I wanted to choose at least one place, which is not so popular tourist resort – this is how my plan to Bucharest appear. From Wroclaw, the only way to get there was via Warsaw (LOT Polish Airlines) or Munich / Frankfurt ( Lufthansa ) and the prices were increadibly high (1500zł for flight? ) Checking other airports it turned out that by Ryanair you can fly to Romania 10 times cheaper.
And about two other airports: planning a trip to Bari (Italy) I had two airports – Warsaw and Katowice. In my specified date in August, tickect in one way was affordable but return cost almost thousand, while coming the same day to Warsaw (but 1 hour later) was 5 times lower. - Sometimes, good deals – flights, cruises, packages (flight + hotel) you can find on websites specially created for this. But we need to remember, that we are not the only one checking this page.
ex. I prefer this site: https://www.holidaypirates.com/But there are many, many other pages, which are specified only for flights (SKYSCANNER , ESKY – flight comparison & good offers, but booking a ticket here means paying additional cost to mediator), hotels (BOOKING, AIRBNB).
If you don’t have your own way of searching for the deals and you don’t want to waste time for learning on your mistakes – try my tips. It doesn’t cost you anything while it might be very helpful at the begining. You can modify them, create something new, just your own.
Komentarze
Prześlij komentarz